York Lake Golf & Country Club was established in 1926 as Yorkton Country Club, one of approximately 100 golf courses in Saskatchewan which were mainly 9 Holes and Sand Greens. In 1943, under the influence of Charles Beck, the golf Course became known as the South Wood Golf Club and then in 1964 was Incorporated as York Lake Golf & Country Club. Through the hard work of the Board and many Volunteers, the course was developed into a challenging 18 Hole Golf Course. Following a series of several floods beginning in 2010, the back nine became unplayable and efforts to restore the Back 9 were squashed with another devastating flood in 2013. York Lake operated as a 9 Hole course until the Spring of 2019. Three Holes from the previously flooded Back 9 have been re-constructed and incorporated into the Front 9 to make York Lake Golf & Country Club the first 12 Hole Course in the community.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.